Friday, September 12, 2014

#TeamO

"I fell in love with him like you fall asleep - slowly, then all at once"
The Fault in Our Stars



I have never been a big believer in fate or destiny. Or that two people had their stories written out for them in the stars. Or in the concept of the one. That's never been me. For me, love has always been about a series of decisions and choices.  Relationships are held together by choice, not by feeling. Believe it or not.

So for me it was always - You saw me, I saw you. You liked me, I liked you. We decided to be together. We made it work. Sounds pretty unromantic, ey? Hehehe.. But in summary, I just believed two people were together because they chose to be together.

But as stories unfold I realize, that maybe it is possible that two people's stories can be written out for them way before they ever knew it. And that it was so important for  them to be together, that even choices they made that would have led them away from each other still found a way to bring them together.

This isn't everyone's story though. We may at times wish we all had the fairy tale story, or the one in the amazing movie we watched. Some of our stories are pretty normal, almost boring even. Some sound like they were scripted for a movie, maybe even a series. Whatever your story, embrace it. Because the most beautiful thing about relationships is that each relationship is as unique as the two people in it. And that's the one thing no one can take away from you.

As it turns out, there was a story being written for me. And it's been in the works for over two years. I was just never aware of it. Neither was he. And then I became aware of it, but he still wasn't aware. And then he became aware.

And life changed. DRASTICALLY.

It's a lot of change, but it's beautiful change. It's a lot of adjustment, but it's beautiful adjustment. And I am extremely grateful for it. There are a million and one things all going on at the same time, but it is exciting to watch it all unfold. And even more exciting to finally be able to talk about it :-)


We are #TeamO :-)


PS: If you haven't watched the Fault in Our Stars and you're a sucker for mushy movies, please do.. It's soooo worth it. (not that it has anything to do with #TeamO's story!)

No comments:

Post a Comment