Thursday, August 14, 2014

You Are Worth The Chase

"He who finds a wife, finds what is good and obtains favor from the Lord."
Proverbs 18:22

Anyone who knows me, and i think I've mentioned it here before as well, knows that I don't like being single. I am really not about this life. I'm not desperate. I just don't like it. Maybe it is because I was in a relationship for so long.. Actually I'm pretty sure that's it.

But anyways. The thing that I know gets frustrating is when I sit and begin to wonder why there are no men approaching me. Or rather, no men worth their salt. Especially when I know a few REALLY good men, who just seem to be sitting there doing nothing. They aren't chasing anyone else.. so what are they waiting for?

And the temptation to get them to "see" me gets very real. And it's very easy to find yourself in a position where you are now the one pursuing this guy. You are working overtime to get him to see that he should be with you. But the thing is this - honey, you are worth the chase. I'm not saying sit back and do nothing (Remember- you can't lock yourself in your bedroom and expect to get a man). I'm saying let that man chase you. If you are the one busy planning all your meet ups, and pushing things around to see him, calling and texting - basically if it is all on you, it's time to move on to the next. And you will never know how much you are worth the pursuit, till you meet a man that is wholly and genuinely pursuing you.

And this is why I put that verse at the top. It gives me three basic reasons that I use to slap myself into reality anytime I'm tempted to take the lead. I need to remember, I am worth the pursuit. And the man who recognizes that, is the man that I want pursuing me.

1. He who FINDS
the verse is clear- brother man needs to find me. HE needs to lead this process of finding me. I honestly believe that if he has trouble leading the pursuit, he will probably have trouble leading a lot of other things in future. Let him do it. Stop chasing.

2. He who finds A wife: 
If this man is pursuing you, it needs to be only you. A. Singular. One. Only You. If this man is hot on your heels, as well as your neighbors- stop. If he thinks you are truly worth it, he will have no distractions. You should be the focus of it because you are worth it. A man who is focused on one thing has no room for distractions.

3. He who finds a WIFE
That pursuit needs to have a purpose. I am not going to define what that purpose is, but there needs to be a reason as to why he wants to be with you. No grey areas. Grey areas always leave a lot of room for disappointment due to lack of accountability. Stop "hanging out" with him, let him make clear what the intention of this "hanging out" is he could be "hanging out" with you, and actively pursuing someone else.


But I think it's also pretty important to remember - it is quite possible that the reason that man is not pursuing you is that he's just not that into you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment